It’s been a little over six years since we launched our sponsored content platform focusing on creating solutions for marketers’ performance goals.
Today, we work with thousands of advertisers to drive over 500 million conversions every month—and we know that these conversions come in a variety of forms: direct product sales; engaged site visits; form fill-outs; subscriptions. It can get complicated for marketers, who have to juggle multiple conversions with different values, work across several advertising channels, and understand an often-complex attribution framework.
This is why we spent the last several months taking our tracking and reporting capabilities to the next level.
We are proud to have released the New Taboola Pixel for all our customers, which brings many improvements to your ability to make the most out of your Taboola campaigns. At the same time, it is built to make things easier to manage.
If you have not installed the Taboola Pixel yet, here is what you’re missing out on!
- Multiple Conversions: You aren’t able to manage, track, and report on multiple page actions and conversions of various values—all within the campaign reports.
- Custom Audiences: You cannot create and then easily target custom audiences based either on events that take place on your page or visits to certain sections of your website.
- New User Interface and Universal Code: You don’t have access to the new dashboard, which makes creating conversions and audiences very simple and organized. Installation is simple—a single, universal code that is placed across your site.
- URL-based Audiences and Conversions: without installing the Taboola Pixel, you have to make and install a new pixel for each targetable audiences or valuable conversion. With the Taboola Pixel, you can quickly make url-based ones. Want to target people who visited a certain section of your site? You can make it happen in seconds.
- 21% More Conversions: Taboola Pixel has a build-in solution for recording harder-to-track conversions, such as those that take place on iOS phones (read more Intelligent Tracking Prevention) and in incognito browsers. You’re missing out on about 21% more conversions attributed to Safari users, for example.
Installation and implementation.
So, you’re excited for a better UI, better tracking capabilities and more powerful targeting. To get started, you’ll to install and implement the pixel on your site.
First, you need your code.
- Click on Conversions under Taboola Pixel and click on Create Pixel to get pixel base code
- The pixel needs to be implemented between the <head> and </head> tags and it needs to be loaded on every webpage
Once implemented, your pixel status is updated every 15 minutes. Here’s what the different statuses mean:
- Waiting For Pixel: Pixel’s not implemented (NOTE: It will take up to 20 minutes for your pixel status to change after installing)
- Pixel Is Active <No Activity>: Pixel was active in the past, but has had no activity in the past 48 hours
Pixel Is Active <Active>: The pixel is firing properly, with activity reported in the past 48 hours.
From there, you can start creating Audiences and Conversions for tracking! For more help on how to build those, you can access a Walkthrough by clicking on Need Help on the righthand side of your dashboard. For more details, you can also access new articles on the Taboola Help Center here.
If at any time you would like to view the walkthrough, you can click on “Need Help” in Campaign Summary, shown below: