Table of Contents
You understand the basics of content marketing, you have an idea about some of the approaches you’ll take, and now you’ve got to sell it to the rest of your company. Or, maybe you’re not sold yet, and you’re wondering whether or not content marketing is really the right strategy for you.
Either way, you’re here to crunch the numbers. To help set you up for success, we’ve gathered some of the most essential stats of all around content marketing effectiveness, success, growth, ROI, B2B, B2C, lead generation & more. We’ll dive deeper into each of these areas here.
Content Marketing Effectiveness Statistics
If you’re going to invest effort into content marketing, it (obviously) only makes sense to do it as effectively as possible. Are other content marketers already effective?
Here’s how some of the numbers are shaking out:
- 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing.
- 84% of marketers who’ve used infographics consider them to be an effective medium.
- Establishing a content marketing strategy is no joke—60% of the most effective marketers have a documented content strategy.
- In line with a strong strategy, there also has to be someone to implement it. 73% of major organizations hire someone to manage their content marketing strategy.
Content Marketing Success ROI Statistics
Of course, you’ll want to be sure that you’re achieving success from your effective content marketing. In terms of measuring success and content marketing ROI, here’s how content marketing is impacting others today:
- 89% of video marketers say video, in general, gives them a good return on their investment.
- For every $1 spent, email marketing generates $38 in ROI.
- Web traffic is one of the most common KPIs targeted with content marketing.
Content Marketing Growth Statistics
Does content marketing correlate directly with growth metrics? Absolutely, and these stats shine a light onto exactly how:
- 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped increase sales.
- 92% of marketers reported that their company views content as an asset to their business.
Content Marketing Lead Generation Statistics
Content marketing is an excellent way to boost lead generation in a variety of ways. Some numbers around this are:
- Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing and generates 3x the leads.
- 75% of surveyed marketers reported that generating more quality leads is their primary goal for content marketing.
- When it comes to blog posts, long-form posts generate 9x more leads than their short-form counterparts.
Video Content Marketing Statistics
Video content marketing may seem intimidating at first, but aside from the fact that it’s nowhere near as difficult as it seems when you have a well-laid plan, it’s also extremely important, and here’s why:
- 92% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their marketing strategy.
- 85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool, indicating that your competitors are likely using it.
B2B Content Marketing Statistics & Benchmarks
Think your B2B business doesn’t need content marketing? Think again. Just take a look at these statistics, and you’ll see why it’s absolutely something you should be doing:
- 76% of B2B marketers blog, and 73% publish case studies
- Content marketing is a part of 88% of B2B marketers’ overall marketing strategies
B2C Content Marketing Statistics
Content marketing is a regular part of many B2C businesses’ strategies, and for good reason. Here’s a look at how and why content marketing works so well for B2C:
- The most successful B2C marketers devote 40% of their marketing budget to content.
- ¾ of B2C marketers report that their organization is extremely, very, or moderately successful with content marketing.
(Source: Content Marketing Institute)
Putting These Numbers to Good Use
Content marketing is a valuable channel for all types of businesses, and all of the statistics we ran through here back that up.
Remember that effective content marketing doesn’t happen overnight. Do the research to determine which success metrics to track, how to get content marketing to ladder up to your bigger marketing goals, and how others in your field are already making great use of content marketing today.