Peanut butter is to jelly as crackers are to… CHEESE! With that obvious pairing in mind, a few snack cracker experts went on a mission to “spread” their wealth of information about cheese to the world. See what I did there? Enter “CheeseRank,” a website dedicated to all things queso. Like bacon, cheese is generally loved by most and some people even crave cheese products to the point of obsession. Mac ‘n’ cheese, fried cheese, cheese crumble… how can you go wrong with anything oozing of cheese? As CheeseRank so eloquently professes, “a world without cheese is a very dark and disturbing place.”
CheeseRank is currently sharing its valuable content across the Web via Taboola. Headlines such as “The Best Thing Since the French Kiss,” “Dear Bacon, Your Move,” and “3 Things You Didn’t Know About Storing Cheese” engage users to connect with content that is both educational and… well, cheesy!
CheeseRank’s content is separated into several categories – Reviews (in which different cheeses are given an official ranking and a description of 140 characters or less), Education (humor combined with actual cheese knowledge), and Find Cheese, a virtual database to help users identify the perfect cheese for their upcoming party, meal, or special occasion.
WHY IT WORKS
We’ve identified a few best practices that CheeseRank is doing very well:
- Problem-Solving: Identifying problems that CheeseRank’s audience may have is key to creating content that will interest them. For example, content like “This Is the Easiest Appetizer You’re Not Making” helps party planners who are time-pressed and “The One Blue Cheese That Even The Pickiest Eaters Can Appreciate” helps cooks prepare for finicky family members or guests.
- Humor: CheeseRank is not your average cheese education website. Headlines with phrases like “Ramen-pocalyse” and “Cut the Cheese” prove that these cheese connoisseurs/ editors are not taking themselves too seriously and we love that. The site’s tone is casual and entertaining, which makes learning about cheese extra fun. Hilarious headlines + witty articles = very shareable content.
- Timeliness– Cheesy content changes with the seasons. Articles about cheese for summer parties and the perfect spring pairing of honey and goat cheese engage users with information that is relevant to them during a specific time in their lives.
- Listicles: It’s no secret that headlines with odd numbers capture attention but listicles themselves are easy for users to digest. Although some marketing experts think the listicle is just a fad, publishers agree that they continue to perform well. CheeseRank’s “13 Reasons Why Cheese Is Soooooo In This Summer” combines the listicle with seasonal relevance and amusing .gifs that make this type of content even more shareable.
- Infographics: Visuals can transform complex information into unique content that is both compelling and easy to consume. Infographics like “How Some Of Your Favorite Cheeses Are Made” and “Know Your Cheeses” help website visitors learn while establishing CheeseRank as an authority on cheese.
Interested in learning how Taboola can help you reach the masses? Click here to contact us.